Saturday, May 30, 2009

Movie Review: Angels and Demons

Angels & Demons Should Be Exorcised. This film is a huge letdown plain and simple. Tom Hanks seemed to be woefully underutilized for a man of his talents. The script was bland, lackluster, and passable only as a poor, Lifetime Channel melodramatic wannabe. There was no suspense beyond that which would barely captivate a 12 year old. The pacing was sluggish in a film that was already a belt-busting bloater.

This is the first Ron Howard film that I haven't liked. Howard is usually at the head of the class when it comes to suspense, pacing, and compelling characterizations. As much as it pains me to say, this film did not live up to the talent involved.

I cannot recall the last time I was so displeased with a film. All I can say is you have been warned. This is rental fair at best, and then only if there is absolutely no other form of entertainment available.

SMT

No comments:

Post a Comment